Thursday, November 7, 2013

Checking for Student Understanding Using Edpuzzle

I came across a new tool this week through edpuzzle.com.  The EdPuzzle website allows you to modify videos through YouTube.  You can edit videos, add and voice-over and embed questions to check for student understanding.

I created a free account through EdPuzzle and then created my own video for my Honors Geometry class about SSS and SAS triangle congruence shortcuts.  Once I created my video, I uploaded it to YouTube and then was able to modify it through the EdPuzzle website.  Since I already had the content I wanted for my video, I focused on embedding some questions to check for student understanding.

I added two questions: one at the beginning and one at the end of my video.  The video will "ask" the questions as my students are watching the video.  Hopefully this will have them more engaged in the content, and the video will not just be a passive activity.

As of right now I do not have my video set up to collect data for student responses, but I think there is a way to include this as well.

Click here to see the video that I created this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment