Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Word Wall

With our one-to-one iPad initiative students are able to stay organized and carry all of their notes, homework assignments, resources.....everything with them in one place.  Although this is a very convenient way to stay organized, I have found that students don't have the ability to work through a problem while looking at an example that we've done together in class.  Students have to swipe back and forth between apps on their iPads to see the notes and the homework.

My students don't seem to be too frustrated about this (and if they were they would probably download some sort of split screen app), but I feel like students are losing out on a great resource---their own notes!

So, I decided to put up a "word wall" today.  I have picked out the most important terms and formulas for our current unit, wrote them on a piece of construction paper, and placed them on the wall.  It is my hope that students will use this "word wall" as a reference as they are participating in class discussion and completing some practice problems on their own.  Of course, I will take down this resource during assessments.

We'll see how this works.  It is my hope that it will help with student understanding of our concepts and encourage students to use appropriate Geometric vocabulary.



No comments:

Post a Comment