Friday, April 12, 2013

Getting Creative with Phoster!

As a yearbook advisor I am in charge of overseeing students as they create the school's yearbook.  We also need to make sure that we do a good job in the marketing department so that we can sell the book to our students (and not fall into debt).    As the economy has declined, this has gotten trickier and trickier.

A colleague told me to check out "Apps Gone Free" which gives a list of a few apps that are free for the day.  Over spring break I went download crazy with apps for the iPad thanks to "Apps Gone Free".  One of the apps I downloaded was "Phoster".

Phoster is an app that will take a picture from your camera roll on the iPad (or allow you to snap a new one) and turn it into a poster.  I played with it a bit over break, and I had a few of my yearbook students try it out yesterday during class.

The app is pretty basic.  You choose a layout, pick a picture, add some text, and viola!, a poster is created.  At this point we have sent out our marketing poster as a tweet and we will be printing out a few color copies to hang around the school.

As a quick marketing tool for yearbook, this could be a pretty cool tool.  Here's what my students created yesterday:

No comments:

Post a Comment