Thursday, April 11, 2013

Let the Journey Begin!

I am a teacher at Waukesha North High School and a member of our school's VanGuard team.  Earlier this year our school announced that next year we will be issuing the latest and greatest iPads to our students in an effort to creating Waukesha One.  Last night our school board approved the purchase of staff devices (including a MacBook Air and an iPad).  The hope is that the approval for student devices will be coming next month and we will be ready to roll out with Waukesha One at the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year.  

In preparing for this journey, I have been checking things out online, looking at blogs, etc.  I thought I would share my experiences in transitioning my math, computer science and yearbook classrooms to the 1:1 environment.

So far, I have just dabbled with some of the apps, but I see some amazing potential for how this technology can transform the way students learn.  I know this journey will transform the way I think about teaching and it will transform the way my students think about learning.  I know this will not be an easy road to travel. I will run into some problems that will make me want to scream, but I think the journey will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment