Friday, April 28, 2017

Class Expert Review Activity

For this activity, I wanted to create a resource for our class that students could refer to while preparing for our first unit summative assessment on the basics of Geometry.  Instead of just assigning a review packet for my students, I decided I would split it up and have different teams of students become our "class experts" on a particular problem.  I started by approaching some of the students that I knew were struggling a little bit and allowed them to choose a problem that was at their comfort level.  I approached some of my students who were ready for some more challenging problems, and I steered them in the appropriate direction.  Once the problems were assigned, I had the student teams create a video using the app "Explain Everything", where they walked through and explained the problem.

Here is an example of one problem:



I then had my students copy the link to their problem to a shared Google document and created a class library of how to solve each problem from the review.



If a student was struggling with a particular problem, all they would need to do is watch the video for a clear explanation.  Overall, this activity went pretty well.  There were some technical issues where some groups were unable to upload their video to YouTube.  However, the library of resources was fairly complete and could be used as a valuable resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment