Friday, April 28, 2017

Hands On Proof Practice with Google Slides: Angle Relationships & Proving Lines Parallel

When we first started working with proofs this year, I decided I would try to make a Google Slide document to share with my students.  For each slide, I put the proof problem with two column proof outline.  I also included some text boxes that had all the statements and reasons (and as students progressed, I included a few extra items) that they would need to complete the proof.  Students were able to drag and drop the statements and reasons into the chart in the correct corresponding place.  Students were able to work together and compare answers.

In the past, I have done this activity where I created the same activity but used strips of paper.  It ended up being very time consuming each year to do this activity since, inevitably, some of the strips of paper would get lost.



Overall, this activity went pretty well.  However, it was a little glitchy at times.  I will need to look into whether or not I can "lock" the proof table into place to prevent students from moving items that were not intended to move.

1 comment:

  1. 1. m is parallel to n. Given
    2. <1 + <2 = 180°. Def. of linear pair
    3. <2 = <6. Alternate Interior Angles Theorem
    4. <1 + <6 = 180°. Substitution Property of Equality (QED)

    ReplyDelete